Ilaramatak (Ospuko tribe), Narok County, Republic of Kenya
14,612 people, which includes 2440 children under 5 years old and 3,507 reproductive-age women.
|Data about maternal and child heath
|Rate of prenatal care（more than 4 times）(%)
|Rate of skilled attendant present during birth (%)
|Birth rate in heath facility (%)
|Wasting rate (%)
|Underweight rate (%)
Various indicators show that maternal and child health in Kenya is lower than the entire country’s average.
- ・Lack of available hospitals, quantity and quality of services.
- ・Lack of cooperation from Community Health Workers and hospitals.
- ・Insufficient skills of Community Health Workers and lack of knowledge among local residents.
- ・Gender inequality, and others
1) Kenya Demographic and Health Survey 2014
2) Activity Report by Ilaramatak regional development program based on the data of the local health facility
In collaboration with World Vision Japan, International NGO.